A number of buildings constructed especially between the 1950s and 70s have popcorn ceilings due to which the users have to perform the popcorn ceiling cleaning process for ensuring an overall clean look of the building. There may be dust and dirt particles, discoloration, stains, and cobwebs present on the popcorn ceiling that the users may have to remove during the popcorn cleaning process. In this article, we will explain a standard process, which the users can perform, on their own without requiring any professional help.
General cleaning process
A general popcorn ceiling cleaning process involves the removal of dust and cobwebs present on the ceiling. We recommend performing this process at least once every week, which will help in maintaining a fresh look of the building. Some of the steps involved in the process are as follows:
- The process of removing dust and cobwebs present on the ceiling can either be performed with the help of a vacuum cleaner or a duster. A vacuum cleaner with a long hose will be required for the process, which is capable of reaching the height of the ceiling.
- Before performing the process, we recommend covering other items in the room with sheets since dust falling from the ceiling can soil them as well.
- In case the vacuum cleaner is available, then attach a brush to it and perform the cleaning process.
- In case, the vacuum cleaner is not available then and we recommend performing the process with the help of a broom or a feather duster. Gently rub all parts of the ceiling with the help of a feather duster so that it removes sticky dust and dirt particles present on the ceiling. For more about click here https://www.wedefineclean.net.
Deep cleaning process
Incase discoloration or stains are present on the ceiling then we recommend performing the popcorn ceiling cleaning process with the help of a cleaning agent. Some of the steps involved in the process are as follows:
- In the first step, spot all the areas where discoloration or stains are present, as we do not recommend performing the cleaning agent on all parts of the ceiling. One of the main reasons behind this is that water can damage the popcorn ceiling. Therefore, the readers should carry out special care while performing the process.
- Stains may appear on the popcorn ceiling due to various reasons such as cigarette smoking, performing the cooking process, etc. in the building. Therefore, we recommend selecting an appropriate cleaning agent for the purpose.
- Now apply an appropriate amount of water and cleaning agent on the areas where stains and discoloration are present.
- Rub the area gently with the help of a brush or a cleaning cloth until the stains start to come off.
- Continue the process by removing stains from all areas of the popcorn ceiling.
- Let the ceiling dry properly afterward.